Turning Point at Granita Park
RESIDENTIAL: Turning Point at Granita
Park is a structured, emotional growth program designed to create
a predictable, organized and supportive environment essential
to the overall well-being and growth of the student. The Residential
Program lasts 8 to 10 months, depending on the progress of the
student. During the program it is expected that the student will
participate in the following educational and therapeutic activities:
- Individual and Group Counseling by a Certified or Licensed Mental
- GGI’s: (Guided Group Interactions) Daily Group
Counseling with the Life Coaches.
- Social Norms of Positive Living – clear guidelines
to keep the student and others safe.
- S.T.E.P.S to Achievement: (an acronym) that
stands for Service, Transition, Education, Purpose, and Success.
Each student will progress by graduating from one level to the
next until each level has been completed.
- Service Roles: Duties and responsibilities
that will assist the student in becoming a positive role model,
thus improving the “quality of living” for the student
- Community Living Meetings: A forum for allowing
community issues to be discussed and resolved, provides a sense
of unity, leadership and encourages healthy interactions.
- Corrective Procedures: Measures for maintaining
the health, safety, and welfare of every resident. A tool for
individuals who fail to respect the pursuit of “healing &
- Education: Provides each student the opportunity
for accredited academic instruction. Students are able to continue
their educational goals and may even “catch up” if necessary.
- Experiential Education: Ranch work, working
with animals, and many other activities.
- Recreational Activities: Camping, hiking, swimming,
fishing, basketball, soccer and other activities.
- Education: Student will continue with his education
or work towards a vocation.
- Individual/Family Therapy: The student and
his family will work on a regular basis on Family therapy and
the student’s transition home.
- GGI’s: Students will continue to help support
each other as they are now faced with real world challenges.
- Positive Peer Cultures: Student will be evaluated
as per how he selects positive peers the activities in which they
- Life Coaches: Students will have a Life Coach
to Coordinate, Assess, Link and Monitor the student to needed
services in the Community.
- Recreational Activities: Student will be allowed
to participate in local community recreational activities as well
as Family Based activities with the Professional Parents/Family.
Will work on healthy relationships in a Family Environment.
We appreciate your
inquiry to Turning Point at Granita Park! The decision to place
your child in an educational program is an overwhelming experience
at best. It is with this in mind that we hope to be able to provide
you with information that will assist you in making an informed
decision about the “right educational and therapeutic program”
that will bring out the best in your child. Turning Point at Granita
Park focuses on helping your child discover his personal talents
and gifts that will slingshot him into a productive and successful